Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cozy Sunday Breakfast: Herbed Baked Eggs


This morning I pulled out my tired, overused frying pan and couldn't bear another breakfast of ruined over-easy eggs because my nonstick pan is nonstick no longer. Thinking for a moment, I remembered a recent episode of The Barefoot Contessa where she baked eggs in a gratin dish. Bingo.

Her recipe calls for heavy cream and lots of fresh herbs, all of which I had none, so I made do with what I had: half and half, butter, fresh garlic, dried basil and oregano and shredded parmesan.

The result was bubbling hot, creamy, perfectly runny eggs laden with herb-spiked gooey parmesan. What's not to like? The perfect breakfast to warm me up on this gray, chilly Seattle morning.

3 comments:

Bart said...

That's why I don't live in Seattle.

Pinch My Salt said...

Yum! Love this photo :-)

Dan said...

seriously, that's just gotta be just one of the many advantages of waking up with you