Saturday, November 17, 2007

Simplicity 3751

I finally completed "the shirt," view F from Simplicity 3751. Granted it took me practically all day today, but I learned a lot. Sewing another one of these or something similar will be a snap now that I've figured out the meaning of the instructions and how it pieces together.

I do regret not altering the pattern to make the top longer. Voluminous styles like this tend to stick out like a trapeze top on me because of my chest. On longer tops I can belt it to show that no, I'm not quite the size of a mini-van, but this shirt is just too short for me to do that. Darn.

1 comment:

tamara - modern radar said...

Your sewing projects all look great by the way! I've actually made the Simplicity 3751 top too. If it makes you feel better, I had the same problems with it and I've been sewing since I was 10. More length and a belt will definitely help. Keep trying.