Sunday, June 24, 2007

jalapeño lemonade

Shopping in Sur La Table a few weeks ago, a package of just-add-water jalapeño lemonade mix caught my eye (remember, spice is king in my book). I flipped the box around to peruse the ingredient list and as predicted, it was chock full of sugar and additives. A quick google search reliably yielded a quick and easy recipe using only 1/2 a cup of sugar and fresh ingredients.

The result? A refreshing, slightly sweet lemonade with a bite. I only wished I had some ice cold vodka to make a cocktail!

jalapeño lemonade
recipe source
1/2 c sugar
6 1/2 c water
3/4 c fresh lemon juice
2 jalapeños stemmed, sliced with seeds

1. Make a simple syrup using the 1/2 c sugar and 1/2 c water by simmering in a saucepan until the sugar fully dissolves.

2. Mix sugar syrup with lemon juice, remaining 6 cups water and jalapeño slices.

3. Let sit several hours and strain before serving.

No comments: