Wednesday, June 27, 2007

crostini with sundried tomato jam and goat cheese

In a rush so I can't write as much as I'd like, but I just had to share the wonderful dinner I had last night. I will try almost any recipe that features caramelized onions, so when I saw this recipe on Everyday Italian earlier in the week I knew I had to try it out.

It did not disappoint! The tender chunks of sun-dried tomatoes coupled with the soft, flavorful onions, all topped with cool goat cheese made for the best crostini I've had in a very long time. The jam can be used for a lot more than the crostini.


The jam added just the right amount of sweetness to my peppery tenderloin steaks, a welcomed change from my usual caramelized onions and red peppers. It also made a great breakfast on some leftover, untoasted baguette smeared with cream cheese.



To wash it all down? The lucky girl that I am, I have a generous boss who brought back a case of wine from his trip to the Oregon wine country for the office to share. A heavenly combination.

No comments: