Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Post-Christmas Plans

Far from shopping malls and long customer service lines, the day after Christmas I will be driving to Rockport, Texas, where my grandparents (Hi, Pawpaw and Tutu!) have gone all out this year and are hosting a four day party family reunion. Anyone that knows them can tell you that they are extremely planful and organized, so it was no surprise that I received the details for the winter festivities, oh in...September or October. The care they put into planning is one of the million reasons we love them, and that the notes are typed on a typewriter make it especially endearing.

Wednesday-26th
Morning: Arrival & Open period
Afternoon: Open Period. Good time for family photo on the beach.
Evening: Open Period

Thursday-27th
Morning: Open Period
Afternoon & Evening: Texas Day at the House
*Jeanne's Texas Margaritas-whenever
*Texas Barbeque (outside if weather is OK)...wet & dry short ribs, brisket, chicken wings, potato salad, beans and homemade ice cream
*Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament...only $1.00 to participate but the one winner wins all the money and prize. (Detailed instructions and team information were sent as well)

Friday-28th

Morning: Open Period.
Late Afternoon: A family meals at POP's restaurant in Lamar. Best items are hamburgers, onion rings, fries, cold beer or whatever. Family pool tables available. Dutch treat.
Evening: Chinese Auction....don't forget your gift. Bring trash, a family antique, or even a "nice" gift. This year no rules but please no bikinis.

Saturday-29th
Morning: Breakfast burrito at Jalisco's
Rest of Day: Open...check out time is 12:00.

Texas Day? How adorable (and fun) does that sound?!?!?! And in the words of my brother, with whom I share the same sentiment:

Upon receiving the above itinerary, "I think it's cool that I know I'm eating brisket on December 27th."

I could not agree more.

1 comment:

Angela Noelle said...

Oh my gosh, I love your grandparents! And about the "no bikini" rule... is there a story there, because that is awfully random!

I hope you (and am sure you will) have an amazing time!