listening: The Gourds. T and I saw them live on Valentine's Day, and just as I expected, their performance was engaging and made me forget that the day was intended to be spent with a man (T is better company, anyway!). I've been listening to them pretty much nonstop since, and their album, Live at Bluebird Theater,even got me dancing in the shower this morning(probably not attractive, but festive!).
learning: C#. My C# class finally started up this week, and I couldn't be more enthralled. In fact, I stayed up until almost 1am last night talking about it!
hiring: an illustrator! I'm commissioning some illustrations for a new blog project I have been working on the last couple of weeks. I'm still not sure if I'm going to pursue it, but it's fun to take a blog design more seriously and talk to an artist about it!
subscribing: The New York Times, finally! I don't know why I've waited so long to order a weekend subscription--it's so cheap! My plan is to take it to this coffee shop up the street from my house on most Saturday and Sunday mornings.
...and otherwise, somehow staying really busy!
February List Update:
1. See Atonement. Did it! I met up with T, Angela, and Angela's friend Sarah for some dinner and drinks downtown before going to the movie. I don't think any of us liked it as much as we'd hoped we would, but it was still fun to hang out with everyone!
2. Cook a nice meal for myself. Done! Bonus for drinking extra wine. ;)
3. Visit an art gallery. This weekend?
4. Comedy club. Still a to do. I meant to see Lisa Lampanelli, but I had the days mixed up.
5. Walk in snow. I'm not sure this is going to happen! Things keep coming up on the weekends.
6. Buy something for the apartment. Check! I bought new bed pillows and a pretty turquoise cast iron enamel pot. Can't wait to cook something in that thing!
7. Experience a new coffee shop. Saturday! With my New York Times!
8. Photo walk. No excuse, really. Also this weekend...?
9. Get Holga film developed. Man, I suddenly feel like I have plans for this weekend. ;)